Monday 19 December 2011

Essie 3-Way Glaze

I got this product as a freebie when I purchased Essie's Milky Way from an eBay seller. Essie's 3-Way Glaze is described as being "a base coat, topcoat and nail hardener all in one. 3-Way Glaze can be worn as a base coat to naturally harden and effectively protect nail polish. Leaves nails with a high gloss finish".

Normally I don't use a base coat on my nails, but when I received this product I decided to try it under my Revlon Top Speed in Espresso (which I find always stains my nails and no matter how much nail polish remover I use I can never get it all off). I started out with a single coat of 3 Way Glaze, let it dry and then applied the polish over it. After letting the polish dry I used 3-Way Glaze as the top coat.

I  have to say that my nails have never looked shinier. While wearing this I didn't experience any chips in my polish (however I never really get chips even after wearing the same color for a week or two) and when I removed my polish, every trace of the Revlon Top Speed polish was gone! I can't really comment on the nail hardener claim as my nails are fake. I also find that the formula is a lot thinner that my Seche Vite and Essie Good To Go so it doesn't seem to get goopy (I've had this bottle for nearly 6 months now and it's consistency hasn't changed one bit).

The only downside I found with this product is that it takes forever to dry. I did try it a few times and each time I could still get marks in my top coat even hours after applying it. I tend to like to do my nails before I go to bed and every time I tried this I woke up with fabric marks on my nails, even after letting my nails dry for hours. I did 2 coats of top coat on top of my thoroughly dried Revlon polish and let the first top coat "dry" for nearly half an hour before adding the second coat, but to no avail.

I would recommend this product if you have tons of time to let it dry. If not, try Essie's Good To Go Top Coat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver