Sunday 1 January 2012

Burger King's Angry Poutine


I decided to venture out to Burger King during my Christmas break to finally try their Angry Poutine. After the disappointment with BK's Bacon Poutine I wasn't really holding out much hope for anything better and I have to admit that I was putting this off as long as possible.

The Angry Poutine starts with the classic poutine recipe but substitutes the gravy for Burger King's Angry Sauce and adds jalapenos and crispy onion rings.

My first impression was pretty good.The Angry Sauce is like a spicy sweet and sour sauce that adds a nice sweet kick along with a little bit of heat that is accentuated by the jalapenos. This poutine was not overly salty (which I think is because this poutine doesn't contain BK's sodium ridden gravy), however I could have done without the onion rings which weren't really crispy or even rings (they were more like battered onion chunks) and just sat on the top of my poutine. Also, the Angry Sauce was only warm enough to slightly melt the cheese curd so I was left with soft chunks of cheese.

All in all, this is something that I would try again. It's not overly fabulous, but is a nice enough substitute to regular fries. If I do try this poutine again, I would have it at a different BK, the one I went to was the same one that I tried the Bacon Poutine at and I'm sure there are BK's out there that make this better than my particular location.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver