Wednesday 14 December 2011

Toyshoppe's Plubber Dog Toy for Petsmart

In my home I have two dogs with two very different opinions on squeaky toys.



My loving 5 year old Bichon, Baxter, is very careful with his toys. He still has the first toy we bought him as a puppy (a plush squeaky ball) that, other than regular wear, is in immaculate condition. My 12 year old Yokie, Rocky, on the other hand is a 12 lb squeaky toy destroying powerhouse! I can't even begin to tell you how many toys I have in my house that used to squeak but have now been silenced forever by the tiny terror. Rocky can literally de-squeak a Good Cuz/Bad Cuz toy in a matter of seconds and squeaky plush toys look like casualties of war once Rocky is through with them, stuffing and body parts everywhere! It has gotten so bad that Baxter will hide his favorite toys so that Rocky can't destroy them!

Needless to say, I am always on the lookout for a good durable squeaky toy that will last for more than 5 minutes with my little monster.

Last year I was at my local Petsmart and noticed a heavy squeaky toy called a Plubber, made by Toyshoppe exclusively for Petsmart. This toy is exactly what it sounds like, durable rubber covered in plush fabric (Plush + Rubber = Plubber!). I decided to give it a try and bought the duck for Rocky and the cow for Baxter. Despite Rocky's hardest efforts, a year later the Plubbers are still going strong! The duck's bill (which is material and stuffing) is still attached but deviod of stuffing, however the squeakers are still intact and working in both toys! I was worried about the fabric peeling off of the rubber (as Rocky also has the ability to skin tennis balls in a flash) but thus far the Plubbers have remained intact. I should also mention that these toys require more effort from your dog to be able to squeak them, but it also makes them a lot less annoying than conventional squeaky toys.


There are 8 animal designs to choose from: Fox, Rabbit, Bear, Duck, Raccoon, Cow, Chicken and Pig. The Plubber toys also come in a bone shape with 4 different colors: Leopard print, Red, Blue and Pink. They range in price from $8.99 - $10.99 but are worth every penny.

So if you have or know anyone with a squeaky toy murdering dog please stop by Petsmart and give the Plubber toys a chance. You'll be pleasantly surprised!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Any idea where I can find these in 2021?

Mike said...

Any idea where we can find these now? In 2021?

Mike said...

Any idea where we can find these now? In 2021?

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver