Wednesday 14 December 2011

Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce


I'm sure by now everyone has seen the Frank's RedHot commercials with the adorable grandmother. I had seen the commercials for a while now and thought:  Hot sauce is hot sauce, how good could it be?

When my aunt and uncle came to visit from New Jersey they brought me a bottle to try (my uncle in particular likes to bring me new foods and products that he's tried). I wasn't overly excited and let this sit in our kitchen for a few weeks after their visit ended.

One day I was having pizza and decided that it needed hot sauce (I generally put hot sauce or mayo on nearly everything). Unfortunately we were out of everything except this one, so reluctantly I added a few drops to my pizza. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised! This hot sauce is not super hot but does have a pleasant, almost buffalo wing flavour. It's also not overly vinegary like I find a lot of hot sauces are. It is amazing on pizzas, burgers and soups. I have yet to find something that I don't like putting this hot sauce on. I have finished my first bottle and am working on my second, but I'm still not sick of this stuff! It definitely beats the pants off of any Tabasco sauce I've ever tried.

I guess now I can actually say:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver