Wednesday 14 December 2011

Smashbox Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner

This is a product I bought a few years ago. Normally I stick to pencil or liquid eyeliner, but when I saw this gel eyeliner I just had to try it. I bought this product in Midnight Black.

At first, I loved this liner. The formula was creamy (although a little on the drier side) and the product applied easily with Smashbox's Cream Eyeliner Brush #9. I could easily wear this for 8 hours without it smudging, flaking or transferring onto my top lid. I was also impressed when I got caught in a freak downpour and came out with my eyeliner still perfectly intact. I was also very please with the way this liner stayed on my waterline.

When I first bought this product I thought that it would only last a short time, considering the small container size, however it lasted much longer. The only downside I have with this product was that after about 5-6 months the remaining product began to dry out to the point where the brush would just be scraping off flakes of product. I could remedy this by adding a little bit of water to the pot before applying the eyeliner, but it was just never the same after that.

I would try this product again, but I just wish it came in a much smaller size so I could use it all before it dried out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver