Monday 11 June 2012

MAC Matte

This is another one of my cousin's purchases. After running out of my Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer, I started looking around for a new primer. My cousin bought this one for me to try.

This product is described as "A matte-ifying cream that acts like a powder, M·A·C Matte adds a sheer, no-shine matte texture in one smooth layer. May be used on bare or made-up skin. Use a latex sponge or a 252 Large Shader Brush to apply over the entire face or in the T-zone to reduce the appearance of shine. Apply M·A·C Matte after moisturizer, but before foundation to prime the skin for makeup. Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation applies smoothly and effortlessly over top of M·A·C Matte"

This product comes in a flexible clear plastic tube, which makes it very easy to get all of the product out of the tube. It's also small enough to fit in any purse or makeup bag.

Although this product is described as a cream it is actually a gel. This product can be used over bare skin or skin with makeup. I chose to use it over bare skin. The application is very smooth and not a lot of product is required. It did manage to keep the shine down, especially in my T-zone, for most of the day and my makeup went on smoothly over it. I also found that my makeup lasted longer when I used this product and it did not cause my makeup to crease, everything stayed very smooth.

The one draw back that I found is that if I was using a powder foundation on top of this, it cause my applicator sponge to get a little gunked up and left a film on my pressed powder which had to be scratched away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver