Tuesday 19 June 2012

Blackfly Long Island Iced Tea

Last weekend I picked up this new product at the LCBO. Blackfly Long Island Iced Tea is described by the LCBO as a "Beautiful ice tea color with slightly hazy appearance; aromas of lemon/orange, green tea, cranberry nose; sweet with brisk acidity, light to medium bodied, with flavors of iced tea , candied lemon and a sweet/tangy finish". It claims to have a "Not Too Sweet" taste, is a "classic cocktail that is made with real lemon juice, vodka, tequila, notes of gin, rum and cola" and comes in a pack of 4 - 400 ml plastic bottles. It also has 7% alcohol volume.

At first I didn't really like the taste of this drink. I thought it tasted too much like alcohol, but after a few sips the alcohol wasn't that noticeable and the actual iced tea came to the forefront. The iced tea reminds me a lot of Lipton Brisk, but it definitely has a stronger undertone of lemon. There is also a touch of sweetness, but nothing too overpowering or sickeningly sweet. I think the lack of syrupy sweetness makes this drink more refreshing than a lot of iced tea based drinks I've had.

The 4 individual bottles are very convenient and great for sharing. The resealable top is great if you're having an outdoor barbecue.

This is something that I would purchase again and may become my go-to drink for the summer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver