Wednesday 29 August 2012

Carbwise Low Carb Brownies



About a month ago I started a modified version of the HCG diet. One of my toughest hurdles to overcome was my insatiable love of chocolate and all things chocolate.

While visiting my local low carb store I ran across these Carbwise Brownies. Each brownie is 2 oz and each brownie is only 50 calories, 1g net carbs, 0 diet count, 2 diet count plus, has 5g of fiber and 6g of protein. These brownies are sweetened with erythritol instead of maltitol or splenda so there is no aftertaste and no GI distress. These brownies have been designed so that they won't cause any blood sugar spike in diabetics.

The ingredients are: Purified water, oat fiber, erythritol, egg whites, inulin, almond meal, modified corn starch, cocoa (processed with alkali), olive oil, xanthan gum, guar gum, leavening (monocalcium phosphate, baking soda), and natural flavors.

Nutrition Facts: per 1 brownie (2 oz.)
Calories 50 Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g TransFat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 80mg Carbohydrate 10g Fiber 5g Sugar 0g Sugar Alcohol 4g Protein 6g

For being a low carb product these brownies are actually quite delicious. They aren't super chocolately or fudgie, but have just enough cocoa to satisfy a sweet tooth. They are soft and moist and great for when I'm craving something chocolately. The only problem I have with these brownies is that once I have one, I always want more!

Even though this product technically is not part of the HCG protocol, I haven't had any stalling or gaining in my weight loss.

This is a product that I would buy again (and have!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver