Friday 31 August 2012

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Egg - Chocolate

*NEW* Optimum Nutrition-100% Egg Protein Chocolate Flavour (909g


I bought this product after I had finished my Jay Robb Egg Protein. I was placing an order at  The Low Carb Grocery and needed a quick replacement for my breakfasts . This one just happened to be on sale so I decided to try it, especially since it gave me bonus points! This product comes in a chocolate flavor and also a vanilla custard flavor. I will review the chocolate flavor.

This protein comes in a 909 gram tub. Each tub contains 27 servings (each serving is one scoop - which is included). I make my shakes with 6 oz of water and one scoop of protein powder.

Ingredients are: Egg albumen, cocoa (processed with alkali), artificial flavour, lecithin, sucralose, and aminogen.

When mixed with water this protein shake tastes very similar to chocolate milk (although a little thinner in texture). It claims to be "INSTANTIZED to mix easily with a spoon" and it is very easy to mix with a spoon, you will get most of the lumps out. When blended, it doesn't get as thick and milkshake-like as the Jay Robb Egg Protein but does come out very smooth in a very short amount of time. I use water, but I assume it would come out a lot thicker if you blended it with milk.

This product is very convenient if I have a very short amount of time for breakfast. It tastes good, mixes quickly and fills me up pretty well. This is definitely a product I would try again

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver