Thursday 30 August 2012

Jay Robb Egg White Protein - Vanilla

I got a little bored on my diet just eating an egg for breakfast so I figured I would try out a protein shake. I had read some reviews about this product and most seemed to be positive. Luckily, this was one of the protein powders that my local low carb store carries regularly. I decided on the vanilla flavour, but this product also comes in chocolate and strawberry.

The ingredients are egg albumin, xylitol, natural flavor, xanthan gum, lecithin, and stevia. 

There are two different types of packaging: the container and the bag. Both come with a scoop and your basic protein shake is one scoop of protein powder plus 6 oz. of water. There are 24 grams of protein per serving ( 1 scoop).

I used my Magic Bullet to make my protein shakes, but a blender would work just as well. The only negative thing I can say about this protein shake is that although it claims to be easy to mix, it does take a relatively long time to blend if you want to get a shake without any lumps. A blender is definately needed to get a smooth shake. However, once it is blended it gets quite frothy and milkshake-like. The taste is almost like a vanilla milkshake or melted vanilla ice cream. It also tastes good if you add fruit, especially strawberries!

 

 I will definately be trying this product again. The only thing I would recommend is that you shop around and compare prices. There are a lot of places that will grossly over price this product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Pineapple Screwdriver. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver